|In order to derive a
spectrum based on the structure of a molecule, you first have to
characterize the compound step by step.
| Arrange the steps below in the proper order, and
eliminate the steps that are irrelevant for this question.
- What are the relative intensities of the
signals from the different groups of equivalent protons?
- What is the ratio between the number of carbon
nuclei and other heteronuclei?
- What coupling pattersn are found in the
resonance signals due to spin-spin couplings? (Type of multiplets and
intensity of the multiplet lines)
- What chemical shift do you expect for the
groups of equivalent protons?
- How many groups of equivalent protons, and
therefore resonance signals, are present?
- How large are the coupling constants of the
When you have your answers, continue to the next